01 August 2011

Writer’s Write

The first day of a new month.  It made me take a moment to consider my goals and how close I am to meeting them.  Not as close as I would like to be, and so I had to take a step back and think of what I’m doing, and can put in place to get closer to meeting them, while there’s still five months left of the year.
Life’s a funny thing, just when you think you have the measure of it, it gives you a big thump to keep you in place.  I’ve had a couple of those thumps recently.  I think there are times we need to be kind to ourselves, not beat ourselves up over words not written, or goals not kept.  HOWEVER, as I told myself this morning, there is a difference between being kind, and letting things go, or giving up. 
I am a writer, and writer’s write.  The best thing I can do for myself, the inner me, as well as the writer me, is to write.
How much have you written today?

No comments:

Post a Comment