09 November 2010

Titles

A recent posting was on the recording we did for Jam Radio.  For that I decided to read the opening sections of a work in progress.  Until last week it was still without a title, although I started it about a year ago, and am three-quarters of the way through the first draft.  To be fair (to me!) I've done very little on it most of this year.  My excuses include that I've been editing another novel, Ordinary Day, and doing some actual paying work (which has been busy this year). 
I digress - while practicing the reading a title for the novel came to me in a flash of inspiration.  Though maybe not so much a flash as a flicker, because it had been staring me in the face for some time, as it is the name of the village in which I've set a lot of the story.   I'm so thrilled I've finally decided on my working title I shall keep it to myself for a while longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment