13 February 2012

Thingish Things

A couple of days ago someone asked me where I get my ideas for this blog.  A slight twist on the where do you get your plot ideas, but I was stumped for an answer. Some posts come easily, and others… 

The idea for this one came as I stared out of the window - actually the ideas rarely come when I'm at the computer. It's been a disappointing summer here in regards to the weather. Warm, but with plenty of rain allowing our sub-tropical greenery to flourish.

My writing often disappoints me by not living up to my expectations.  The initial idea is wonderful, but when I read the words I produce they seem so ordinary.  It's something I thought would improve over the years, but they still disappoint at times.

It reminds me of the thoughts of my favourite philosopher, Winnie the Pooh. 'When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.'

It certainly does.

1 comment: