11 May 2011

Old Haunts

Over the past couple of days I've managed to visit a few places I haven't seen in a number of years.  This is useful as my current first draft WIP is set in England and I'm making full use of every author's constant companion - my notebook.  

It's interesting how different language is in various parts of the world, even those that supposedly speak the same one, and I've been busy noting down the differences I spot.   Language is also very generational (if there is such a word!) so I'm glad I'm not writing from a YA POV.  

I've been using my Kindle a lot, and while I still love print books, an e-reader is wonderful for travelling.  It's also a great talking point as people have asked me what I think of them compared to traditional books.

It's an exciting time to be a writer.     

No comments:

Post a Comment