16 September 2010

Proofing Can Be Exciting

Things are moving fast, or at least that's how it feels to me.  I worked through a set of proofs from the publisher, detailed the changes and sent them off.
A few days later I received the amended proofs with a sign-off.
What would we do without email?
It's exciting, and I'll admit, a little scary.  I'm not sure why the scary bit, as this is something I've worked towards, and dreamt about, for a long time.  I guess it's to do with a desire for perfection, and always feeling I've missed it by miles.
On this topic here is one of my favourite quotes.
'When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find that sometimes a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.'  Winnie-the-Pooh.
Do other writers feel this way?  I know I do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment