12 September 2010

A Publishing Contract

Three weeks ago I received what every writer dreams of - my first publishing contract.  Some days I still can't quite believe it.
I've been writing seriously for seven or eight years now, and in that time I've had some small successes, but nothing like this. 
About five years ago I wrote my first novel, edited and polished it, and decided it hadn't turned out quite the way I wanted it to, and so turned my attention to others ideas
Earlier this year I saw a competition for unpublished manuscripts and decided to send in the first novel. 
In my usual fashion I then forgot about it.  I work from home and my first job each morning is to check my emails.  Seeing one from the publishers was exciting enough, but I couldn't believe what I was reading.  I was speechless - for a minute or two!
I had won, and my novel was going to be published.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment