18 March 2012

Quiet Times and Working Routines

I saw a quote recently - Don't judge me because I'm quiet. No one plans a murder outloud.'

One of the reasons I love working from home is that it's peaceful. Most of the time there is no-one around early in the day, and everything is quiet.  I know a lot of writers who create playlists for particular projects, or who work with the TV on, or lots of people around.  I can do that if I have to, but my preference is for quiet.  Alternatively if things get noisy (either inside the house or outside), I use headphones and listen to my choice of music, which somehow seems to disappear into the background once I'm concentrating.  Don't get me wrong I love listening to music, but when I'm writing I need peace.

Editing, now that's a whole other ballgame…

How do you work best?

No comments:

Post a Comment